Rare Book Collection
Rare Books in the Washington and Lee University School of Law Library
Housed in the Lewis F. Powell, Jr. Archives
1) General collection consisting of rare books donated or purchased through the years.
2) Collection of the late Lynchburg, Virginia alumnus, lawyer and judge, Charles E. Burkes, who endeavored to collect every book on Virginia law.
3) Alumnus, New York city attorney, Supreme Court advocate, Diplomat, and Presidential Candidate John W. Davis' "Cases and Points" and other books.
4) Supreme Court Chambers Library of Justice Lewis F. Powell, Jr., alumnus, Ricmond attorney, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.
Searching the collection:
- The entire collection is cataloged in Annie.
- A keyword search for Charles E. Burks will return the titles from the Burks Collection.
- A keyword search for Powell Chambers Library will return titles from that collection (along with some that are not in that collection.)
- A keyword search for Davis Cases and Points will return the record for these volumes as one of the results.